Prep time: 20 mins
Cooking time: 10 mins
- 500g Peeled Uncooked Prawns
- ½ Bunch Coriander
- 1 Long Red Chilli
- 3 Garlic Cloves
- 1 tsp Chilli Flakes
- 1 Lebanese Cucumber
- ½ Spanish Onion
- 1 Large Mango
- 10 Wonton Wrapper sheets
- 250g Bean Sprouts
- ½ Cup Shredded coconut
- ½ Bunch Mint
- Cooking oil
- Sand pepper
- 3 Tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1 Lime Juice + extra for serving
- 2 tsp Sesame Oil
- 1 Tbsp Brown Sugar
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C.
2. Place the prawns into a mixing bowl.
3. Wash the coriander. Pick the leaves and set aside. Finely chop the stems and add to the bowl with the prawns.
4. Finely chop the red chilli, crush the garlic and add to the bowl.
5. Season with salt and pepper and drizzle with cooking oil. Sprinkle the chilli flakes. Mix well and set aside.
6. Slice the cucumber into diagonal thin slices, finely slice the Spanish onion and place aside.
7. Finely slice the mango into thin strips.
8. Add ½ a cup of cooking oil to a medium size saucepan and heat to approx. 180°C.
9. Once hot, add the wonton wrappers 1 or 2 at a time and cook for approx. 10 to 20 secs on each side until bubbles and golden. Remove from oil and place on a plate with paper towel. Repeat with the rest of the wrappers.
10. Meanwhile, place the coconut on a baking tray and roast for 3-5mins until golden, remove from oven and set aside to cool.
11. Bring a large frying pan to high heat, drizzle with cooking oil and add the prawns, spread well without overcrowding the pan and cook for 2-3mins on each side until golden.
12. Squeeze the juice of ½ a lime and toss well. Remove from heat and set aside.
13. Wash pick and roughly chop the mint and the remaining coriander, place on a large bowl. Add the rest of the prepped ingredients including the Prawns.
14. In a small bowl, mix the soy sauce, the juice of 1 lime, sesame oil and brown sugar until well combined.
15. Add to the bowl with the salad. Toss through and serve with wonton crackers.