This is a zippy jam which shines when eaten on sourdough with ricotta, or spooned over Greek yoghurt and small meringues for dessert. To get the most juice out of your limes, try zapping them in the microwave for 30 seconds before juicing.
Makes 3-4 small jars of jam, but scales up.
- Flesh from 4 firm, not overripe mangoes (approx. 900g)
- 225g caster sugar
- Zest of 1 lime
- 60ml lime juice (from 2-3 limes)
- 75ml passionfruit pulp (from 2-3 passionfruit)
- Sterilise 3-4 small jam jars and lids.
- Dice the mango flesh into 1.5 cm cube pieces. Add all the ingredients in a large saucepan, stirring over a medium heat until the sugar dissolves. Bring to the boil and simmer uncovered, without stirring for approx. 25 minutes.
- Pour the hot jam into hot sterilised jars and seal immediately.
Recipe by Tori Haschka.