- 280g dark chocolate chips
- 250g butter
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 5 Cadbury Creme Eggs
- Preheat oven to 150C.
- Heat butter and chocolate chips in a saucepan over low heat, stirring often to avoid burning. Once the chocolate is melted, cool the mix to room temperature in a tub of cool water.
- Combine the eggs and sugar in a mixing bowl and stir until they’re light and fluffy. Add the vanilla and salt and stir gently to combine.
- Gradually add the flour to the egg mixture and fold through. Stir in the cooled chocolate and mix thoroughly.
- Pour batter into a baking tin lined with baking paper and spread evenly. Bake for 15 minutes. Chop the creme eggs into 4 even pieces. Remove the brownies from the oven.Place the cut eggs evenly over the half baked brownies. Return brownies to oven and bake for an additional 15-18 minutes. The brownies are done when moist crumbs stick to a toothpick inserted in the centre.