Prep time: 15mins
Cooking time: 15mins
- 500g Chicken Thighs
- 1 Tbsp Mexican Spice Mix
- 1 tsp Cumin Ground
- ½ Bunch Coriander
- 1 Lebanese Cucumber
- 2 Mangoes Medium approx. 250-300g
- ½ Cup Pickled Cabbage
- 10 Tortillas Medium size (La Banderita)
- ½ Lime
- 1 Cos Lettuce
- Spicy Sauce of your choice
- Salt and Pepper
- Olive oil
1. Place the chicken thighs into a bowl, add the Mexican spice mix and the cumin, season with salt and pepper and drizzle with olive oil.
2. Wash and finely chop the coriander. Add ½ to the chicken and mix well.
3. Add the rest of the coriander to a bowl and set aside.
4. Small dice the cucumber and small dice the mangoes. Add to the bowl with the coriander.
5. Add the pickled cabbage, and season with pepper. Toss through until well combined. Set aside.
6. Bring a large frying pan to high heat, drizzle with olive oil. Once hot, add the chicken and cook for 2-3 mins on each side until golden brown.
7. Turn down to medium low and cook for further 10mins turning from time to time until fully cooked.
8. Meanwhile, heat up the tortillas one at the time for approx. 30 seconds on a separate frying pan on high heat. Wrap in a tea towel to keep warm.
9. Slice the chicken thighs into thin slices and place into a serving bowl.
10. Squeeze the juice of half a lime to the mango salsa and mix well.
11. Wash and pick the cos lettuce leaves.
12. Serve warm tortillas with Mexican spice chicken and mango salsa.
- Fold into a taco and add the lettuces, chicken, mango salsa, lime juice and your favourite spicy sauce.
- Garnish with some coriander leaves and lime wedges.
- Finish with some good quality chilli sauce.