Prep time: 20mins
Cooking time: 45mins
- Half of a large red cabbage, cut into equal sized wedges
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 120g @pepesaya salted butter, softened to room temperature
- 2 tbsp harissa paste
- ⅓ cup flaked almonds
- 1 tbsp @mayasunny saffron honey or plain raw honey
- Preheat the oven to 200 c celsius and line a large baking tray. Lay the wedges of cabbage onto the tray and drizzle with the olive oil, plus a generous seasoning of salt and pepper. Place into the oven to slowly roast until golden and charred (approximately 35-40 minutes).
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl whisk together the softened butter with the harissa paste until smooth. Place into the fridge for 10 minutes to set slightly.
- Heat the flaked almonds in a small non-stick pan over a medium heat and toast until golden and fragrant. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Remove the harissa butter from the fridge 5 minutes before serving. When ready to eat, plate the hot wedges of cabbage onto your favourite serving platter, followed by a generous spoonful of the harissa butter. Drizzle over the honey and finish with a scattering of toasted almonds.