This light and healthy salad is quick and easy to prepare and only requires a few simple ingredients. The citrus zest and dill leaves a refreshing taste and is the perfect solution for a quick meal.
- 4-5 small zucchinis
- 1/3 bunch kale (rinsed and chopped)
- olive oil
- handful of parsley (rinsed and chopped)
- zest of ½ lemon
- ¼ cup toasted hazelnuts (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon pepita seeds
Yoghurt dill sauce:
- ½ cup plain yoghurt
- 1 tablespoon of dill (chopped)
- ½ lemon zest
- juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- pinch of salt
- Warm up a fry pan to medium heat.
- Slice the zucchinis into discs, 5mm wide and toss in a bowl with olive oil and a pinch of salt. Grill the zucchinis on both sides in batches to allow even cooking. Place the cooked zucchinis in a bowl and set aside while you lightly wilt the kale in the same fry pan with a drizzle of olive oil. Once the kale starts to char a little, take it off the heat and place it in the bowl with the zucchinis. Toss through the lemon zest, parsley and a pinch of salt if it needs it.
- To make the yoghurt dill sauce; place all the ingredients in a little dish and stir to combine.
- Serve the salad with the sauce drizzled over the top and the toasted hazelnuts and pepita seeds sprinkled over the salad.