These balsamic glazed Brussels sprout skewers are quick to prepare for a snack or for a BBQ. They're also a perfect way to encourage the kids to eat their vegies!
- 13 washed Brussels sprouts (makes 5 skewers)
- 1 garlic clove
- Pinch salt
- Toasted sesame seeds (optional)
- Olive oil for grilling
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 tablespoon good quality Balsamic vinegar
- Place the glaze ingredients in a small saucepan over medium heat and simmer for 10mins to thicken. Honey or brown sugar also works well if you don’t have maple syrup. You can double the ingredients to make extra for your pantry. It’s a great simple sauce for salads.
- Meanwhile, place the whole Brussel sprouts in a steamer for 10mins to allowing to slightly cook while still remaining firm.
- Slice the Brussels sprouts in half and toss in a bowl with the minced garlic clove and a drizzle of the balsamic glaze (keep some for serving).
- Thread them onto metal skewers down the centre, if your using wooden skewers soak them first in water to prevent the wood from burning when grilling. Place the skewers on a preheated grill skillet on medium heat. Turn gently once they have caramelised and have a lovely char marking.
- Serve with a drizzle of the balsamic glaze and a sprinkle of toasted sesame seeds.