A cosy, filling roast vegetable dish scented with garlic & lemon & baked till deeply golden & toasty. Great as a main or side dish for your favourite roast!
- 2 large fennel bulbs, stems removed, cut into wedges (reserve some of the fennel fronds for garnish)
- 4-5 medium potatoes, cut into wedges*
- 1 whole lemon, halved lengthways and thinly sliced
- 5-6 unpeeled cloves of garlic, smashed
- 4-6 tbsp. olive oil
- Preheat oven to 200°C
- Place the fennel, potatoes, lemon & garlic in a larger roasting tray (preferably lined with baking paper). Drizzle with the olive oil and season well with salt & pepper, then toss till everything is nicely distributed & spread evenly on the tray.
- Roast in the oven for about an hour, taking the tray out every 15 minutes to give everything a bit of a toss, until lovely & golden & caramelised at the edges.
- Serve, sprinkled with reserved fennel fronds.
- Try to cut the fennel & potatoes into similar sized wedges for more even cooking
Prep time: 10min
Cook time: 1hr
Recipe and video created by Matters of the Belly.