The success of these depends on having perfectly ripe tomatoes. You can have these as spicy as you like and as boozy as you like. You can easily prepare these the night before if serving for brunch and keep the mix chilled in the fridge. It will keep well for a couple of days.
- 1.5 kg of perfectly ripe tomatoes
- 1 tsp sea salt flakes
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 chilli
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- Celery sticks to garnish/swizzle
- Chilled gin/ vodka to taste
- Blend the tomatoes with the salt, lemon juice, lime juice, Worcestershire sauce and chilli (seeds optional, depending on how hot you like things) until you have a perfectly smooth puree. This may take a while, but having it perfectly smooth is key. If you have the patience, pass the puree through a sieve. Serve in a glass over ice. Garnish with black pepper and add gin or vodka to taste. Use a celery stick for a swizzle stick.