Make your own pesto with this quick and easy recipe using freshly prepared ingredients, great as a pasta sauce or over meat or fish dishes.
Fresh Basil & Parmesan Pesto
- 2 cups basil leaves, coarsely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup (45g) toasted pine nuts
- 1/3 cup (35g) finely grated parmesan
- 1/2 cup (125ml) olive oil, plus extra
- Place the basil, garlic, pine nuts and parmesan in the bowl of a food processor and process until finely chopped.
- With the motor running, gradually add the oil in a thin, steady stream until well combined and a smooth paste forms. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Transfer to an airtight container and pour over a little extra oil to cover the pesto surface