- ½ cup tahini (hulled)
- 1 x cup yoghurt (Greek or another plain yoghurt)
- ½ cup dill
- ½ cup basil
- ½ cup mint
- ½ x lemon (juice only)
- 10-12 fresh figs (sliced in half or quarters)
- 60g x chevre (or other soft white cheese)
- 1 x cup green lentils (or other lentils)
- 1 x can or 400g x butterbeans
- 2 x tbsp. pepitas (green pumpkin seeds)
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Prepare the green lentils by rinsing them then simmering the lentils in a medium-sized pot until they are cooked. This will normally take 20 minutes, however, check the packaging of the lentils that you are using.
- Meanwhile, prepare the green tahini dressing by placing the tahini, yoghurt, dill, basil, mint (keep a few sprigs aside of each to mix through the salad later), lemon juice and 2 tbsp of olive oil. Season with salt then process until the mixture is smooth, adding more lemon juice or olive oil for a runnier dressing. Set aside.
- Once the lentils are cooked rinse through cold running water. Place into a large mixing bowl and when the lentils have cooled down completely add half of the figs, the butterbeans, the pepitas, and the extra set aside herbs. Add a drizzle of olive oil and salt and pepper. Mix through well. Transfer to a serving plate or bowl and top with the other half of fresh figs, drizzle with the green tahini dressing and break up the chevre into small pieces and place over the salad.
Prep time: 15 minutes.
Cook time: 20 minutes.