Prep time: 20mins
Cooking time: 30mins
- 1 small (500g) sweet potato
- ¾ cup water
- 30g butter, plus 10g extra
- 2 x 220g middle salmon fillets, skin on, descaled
- Salt and pepper
- 200g green beans, stalk ends trimmed
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Peel and dice sweet potato. Place in a saucepan with water and
butter. Bring to a boil and simmer for 15-20 minutes, until
tender. Mash or blend with a stick blender.
- Meanwhile, remove salmon from the fridge and pat dry well
with paper towel. Season with salt and pepper all over. Place
trimmed beans in a steamer set over a saucepan of simmering
water, cover with a lid and steam for 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Add
salmon, skin-side down and using a spatula press the fish down
to help crisp up the skin, fry for 4 minutes or until crispy. Flip
and cook for another 4 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and rest salmon for 3 minutes in pan. Divide
mash between two plates, top with extra butter. Place salmon
skin-side up on top and serve beans on the side.