This simple yet flavour-packed side is ready in no time and is a delicious combination of sweet, salty, creamy and smokey flavours that explode in your mouth on the first bite! Check out some serving suggestions below.
- 3 x corn cobs
- 25g butter
- 3 large tbsp of sour cream + more on the side
- 1 small bunch of chives
- Smoked paprika
- Sea salt flakes
- Prepare a medium-sized pot of water with salt and bring to the boil.
- Once the pot is boiling add the corn cobs. Cook the corn for 5 minutes on a medium simmer then after 5 minutes cover with a lid and turn off the heat. Let the corn sit in the hot water for 10 minutes more.
- Heat up a frying pan with melted butter and add the corn cobs to the pan. Lightly fry all sides of the corn cobs for another 5 minutes.
- Remove the corn cobs from the pan and place onto a serving plate. Top each corn cob with 1 large tablespoon of sour cream then chopped chives and sea salt flakes.
- Dust some smoked paprika over the corn cobs.
- Serve with extra sour cream and chives on the side.
- Great as a side for roast chicken, pulled pork, braised beef, or as a side for a Mexican feast.
Serves: 3, as a side.
Prep time: 5 minutes.
Cook time: 20 minutes.
Recipe and photos by Anastasia Zolotarev. Click here to see her blog.