Homemade chutney makes for a great addition to the Christmas dinner table it also makes for a great personal gift.
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 long red chillies, chopped & deseeded
- 1 teaspoon black mustard seeds
- 4 mangoes, chopped
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/4 cups caster sugar
- Heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Add chilli and mustard seeds. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Add mango, vinegar and sugar. Bring to the boil.
- Reduce heat to low. Simmer for 50 to 55 minutes or until very thick.
- Pour into hot, sterilised jars. Set aside to cool.