- ½ leg ham
- 4 medium sized mangoes
- 2 lemons (juice and zest)
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup white wine vinegar
- 1 star anise
- ½ tsp of ground cinnamon
- Fresh mint (½ - 1 bunch, depending on preference)
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees.
- Make the mango and mint glaze first. Remove the skins and seeds from the mangoes and place the mango flesh into a food processor. Blend the mango and puree really well until completely smooth. Transfer it into a medium size pot. Add the lemon juice, lemon zest, the sugar, the white wine vinegar, the star anise, the cinnamon and a good pinch of salt. Cook on a medium heat and stir occasionally. Cook for approximately 10-15 minutes, remove from heat and remove the star anise.
- To prepare the ham, remove the skin then score the fat. Use a brush or spoon to lightly glaze the ham. Place the ham onto the baking paper and tray. Place into the oven and cook for 30 minutes. Remove the ham from the oven and glaze again with another layer of mango glaze. Continue cooking the ham for another hour and glaze another few times, with a total cooking time of approximately 90 minutes for the ham.
- Finely chop the fresh mint and add it to the rest of the mango glaze. Serve the ham with extra glaze on the side.
- Cook on the lowest level of your oven
- Use your fingers to remove the skin off the ham
- Score lightly with a sharp knife
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time (Ham): 1 ½ hours
Cook time (Glaze): 15 minutes
Recipe by Anastasia Zolotarev. Click here to see her blog.