Made with chocolate, hazelnuts, mixed berries and a crumble mix that's super buttery and delicious. So much flavour in just a few steps. Serve as is or with crème fraiche or cream.
- 2 cups spelt flour (or plain white flour)
- 1 cup raw sugar
- 150 g unsalted butter
- ½ tsp baking power
- ¾ cup hazelnuts (raw or roasted, roughly crushed)
- 100g x dark chocolate (70%) or any other good melting chocolate
- 2 punnets fresh raspberries
- 1 ½ punnets fresh blueberries
- ¾ punnet fresh strawberries (ends removed and halved)
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Slice 4 small thin slices from the butter (save the rest to melt later) and place them on the base of a baking tin/pan/tray or any other suitable cake form for making a crumble.
- Wash the berries and lightly pat them dry. Mix them together in a big bowl and transfer them into the pan.
- Measure out 70g of the dark chocolate and break it up into smaller pieces (saving the remaining 30g of chocolate to shave over the top of the crumble when it comes out of the oven). Arrange the chocolate pieces evenly, spreading them out over the berries.
- In a bowl place the flour, sugar, baking powder and ½ cup of the hazelnuts together (saving the rest to use over the top of the crumble). Mix through well. Melt the butter lightly and once melted pour it into the flour mix and use a spoon to combine it all through. Use your hands to evenly spread out the crumble mix over the berries and chocolate. Place the crumble into the oven and cook for approximately 30 minutes or when you see the surface of the crumble has darkened and you can see some berry juices on the edges of the pan.
- Remove from the oven and top with the leftover hazelnuts and shave the rest of the chocolate over the top so that it melts. Serve warm!
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 30-35 mins