Prep time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 60 mins
- 3 Cups Cherry 500g approx.
- 1 ¾ Cup Milk
- 4 Eggs + 1 Egg Yolk
- 3 Tbsp Raw Sugar
- 250g Caster Sugar
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- ¾ Cup Plain Flour
- ½ Tbsp Butter
- Icing Sugar to Dust
- 400g Double Cream
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Wash the cherrys under running water and remove the stem. Then remove the seed using a cherry pitter.
- Place the pitted cherries in a bowl and toss with the raw sugar. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, add the milk, eggs and the egg yolk, caster sugar, salt, vanilla extract, and flour.
- Mix well using a whisk or a stick blender until fully smooth.
- Grease a skillet, tray or tart mould with the butter all around until fully coated.
- Add the sugar coated cherries and spread evenly. Pour in the wet mixture and carefully place in the oven for approx. 50 mins until golden brown and the middle is set. Keep it in the oven for further 10mins if the centre still runny.
- Once ready, remove from oven and let it rest on a roasting rack for 20mins before slicing.
- Dust with icing sugar as much as you will like.
- Slice the Clafouti into as many pieces as you will like and serve with double cream on the side.