Sweet like cherry pie or should we say cherry cheesecake? Fresh cherries and cherry pie filling are the secret to this delicious and simple dessert
- 1 cup of cherries
- 125 grams crumbled digestive biscuits
- 75 grams soft butter
- 300 grams cream cheese
- 60 grams icing sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- u00bd teaspoon lemon juice
- 250 ml double cream
- 1 x jar black cherry spread/jam (approx. 285g)
- Break up the biscuits in a food processor until beginning to turn to crumbs, then add the butter and whiz again to make the mixture clump.
- Press this mixture into a 20cm springform tin; press a little up the sides to form a slight ridge.
- Beat together the cream cheese, icing sugar, vanilla extract and lemon juice in a bowl until smooth.
- Lightly whip the double cream, and then fold it into the cream cheese mixture.
- Spoon the cheesecake filling on top of the biscuit base and smooth with a spatula. Put it in the fridge for 3 hours or overnight.
- When you are ready to serve the cheesecake, unmould it and spread the black cherry spread over the top.
- Top with a cup of fresh cherries and dust with icing sugar