- 2-3 bunches of broccolini
- Olive oil (for cooking)
- 1 tbsp za'atar spice
- 1/4 cup parsley, roughly chopped
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 50 g feta, crumbled
- 1/2 cup almond flakes
- 1/4 cup walnuts, roughly chopped
- 1 ½ tbsp maple syrup
- Combine the almond flakes, chopped walnuts, maple syrup along with a pinch of salt and pepper together, ensuring all the nuts are well coated. Place the mix onto a small lined baking tray and bake for about 15 mins at 180°C until the nuts are golden brown. Allow to cool down completely before breaking the nuts down into clusters.
- Bring a large frying pan to medium high heat. Meanwhile, coat the broccolini with a little drizzle of olive oil in a large bowl. Cook the broccolini in the frying pan in 2 batches to prevent overcrowding. You're looking for a nice charred look rather than a stir fry, so try to not stir them too much. They cook pretty quickly.
- Remove broccolini from heat and place back in the preparation bowl. Sprinkle the lemon zest over the top along with a good squeeze of lemon juice followed by the chopped parsley and the zaatar spice mix, toss through to coat.
- Place the broccolini on a serving dish then sprinkle over the crumbed feta and maple glazed nut clusters.
Serve: 4 as a side dish
Takes: 30 mins
Recipe & pics by Bonnie Coumbe | www.bonniecoumbe.com