Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
- 500g Chilli Pork Sausages
- Squisito Pasta Cavatelli 500g
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 2 Tbsp Baby Capers
- 1 Punnet Sweet delight Tomatoes 200g
- ½ Bunch Kale
- 400g Cannellini Beans Canned
- 70g Parmesan Cheese
- 50g Butter
- Salt & Pepper
1. Bring a large pot with salted water to the boil.
2. Cut the sausages into 2cm pieces.
3. Cut the tomatoes in half and pick the kale leaves from the stems, set aside.
4. Blanch the kale leaves for 20 secs in the boiling water and remove with a sieve or a slotted spoon. Then place into a bowl with icy water to stop it from further cooking.
5. Once cool, drain well and squeeze the excess water. Finely chop and place aside.
6. Bring a large casserole type dish to high heat and drizzle with olive oil. Add the sausage pieces and sauté for approx.3 mins until golden. Add the garlic, tomatoes and capers and cook for further 3mins.
7. Then add the pasta into the boiling water and cook as per packet recommended time.
8. Add the cannellini beans including the liquids to the pan and bring to the boil. Add the chopped kale, parmesan and the butter and stir through until combined. Add some pasta water if necessary to make a little runnier.
9. Season with salt and pepper and serve hot with extra parmesan cheese.