Temperatures are starting to soar feel like your under the Tuscan sun with this simple delicious salad
Caprese Tomato salad
- tomatoes, halved orquartered (4 truss tomatoes or half a punnet melody tomatoes)
- 1 piece buffalo mozzarella, torn
- 4 basil leaves, torn
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Balsamic vinegar
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Place tomatoes, basil leaves, extra virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar in bowl. Season with salt and pepper and let it sit for 10minutes.
- Place in serving dish, place torn, room temperature mozzarella on top and season again with salt and pepper.
Recipe thanks to Alex Kearns, Executive Chef,Glebe Point Diner