Prep/Cooking time: 2 hours
- 1 kg cream cheese, at room temperature
- 300 g caster sugar
- 6 free range eggs, at room temperature
- 500 ml thickened cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla bean paste
- 80 g plain flour
1. Line a 20cm high sided springform cake tin, or a 22cm cake tin with baking paper. Don't worry about precision; simply tear two sheets of paper and arrange them in a crisscross pattern, ensuring they extend above the height of your chosen tin.
2. Preheat your oven to 200°C
3. In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a whisk attachment, beat the cream cheese and sugar until the mixture is smooth and creamy.
4. Add the eggs one at a time, whisking after each addition to ensure they are thoroughly combined.
5. Scrape down the sides of the bowl with a large spatula to ensure all ingredients are fully incorporated.
6. Pour in the heavy cream and add the vanilla extract. Mix until the batter is smooth and silky.
7. Once again, scrape down the sides of the bowl and add the all-purpose flour. Mix until the batter is perfectly smooth.
8. Pour this luscious batter into your prepared tin.
9. Bake in the preheated oven for 65–70 minutes, or until you see the cheesecake's top has turned a deliciously darkened shade.
10. Remove the cheesecake from the oven. It might still wobble as if undercooked, but don't fret. As it cools, it will firm up.
11. Let it rest in the tin for 15 minutes before carefully removing it to cool completely.
12. Allow the cheesecake to cool to room temperature before serving. This cheesecake is a delight on its own and needs no additional toppings or enhancements.
13. Indulge in the creamy, irresistible perfection of this cheesecake creation. Enjoy!