- 3 bunches of broccolini
- 1 cup cashews
- 2 tbsp. honey
- ¼ tsp of chilli powder (or less if you prefer)
- 4 tbsp. miso paste
- 10-15g or 2 tsp fresh ginger (grated)
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ cup tamari or soy sauce
- 1 long red chilli (optional)
- 1 tbsp white sesame seeds
- 1 shallot stem
- Prepare the ginger miso dressing by placing the miso paste, ¼ cup of water, and the ginger into a small food processor. Blend until a smooth paste has formed, adding more miso paste or water if you wish. Set aside.
- Heat a small pan and add the cashew nuts, the honey and the chilli powder. Cook and stir continuously for 1-2 minutes or until the honey has darkened in colour. Remove from the heat quickly and transfer the caramelized chilli cashews on a flat board lined with baking paper and season with salt. Spread the nuts out evenly as they do tend to stick together.
- Heat a large pan with olive oil and add the broccolini, cook on all sides for 3 minutes, then add the tamari or soy sauce and cook for 1 minute more (longer if you like the broccolini cooked through more).
- Finely slice the shallot and the long red chilli.
- Serve the broccolini in the tamari sauce, top with the ginger miso dressing, the caramelized chilli cashews, shallot and fresh red chilli (optional).
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 5 minutes
Serves: 4 (as a side)
Recipe and photos by Anastasia Zolotarev. Click here to see her blog.