- 1 bunch of kale, stems stripped and roughly chopped
- Half a can of organic chickpeas, rinsed
- 1 long red chilli, finely sliced
- 4 golden shallots, finely sliced
- 4 cloves of garlic, finely sliced
- Juice of half a lemon
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Caramelise shallots, garlic, chilli and a pinch of salt and pepper in a pan over medium heat with a generous amount of olive oil.
- Add kale and half a cup of water. Allow to braise for 5 minutes.
- When all the water has evaporated and the kale is tender, add chickpeas, lemon juice and taste for seasoning.
- After plating, drizzle with a little more olive oil
Recipe thanks to Alex Kearns, Executive Chef, Glebe Point Diner