Make the most of the blueberry season and try these delicious crumble bars bursting with juicy blueberries!
- 4 cups fresh blueberries
- 1/4 cup white sugar (or more if you like it a bit sweeter!)
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 cup white sugar
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- Zest of one lemon
- 225g unsalted butter
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 190 degrees. Grease a 9×13 inch pan.
- To make the dough, use a food processor to mix together the sugar, flour, baking powder, salt and lemon zest. Add butter, and pulse 10 times or until butter and dry ingredients are well combined. Add vanilla and egg and pulse 3 or 4 times. The dough should be crumbly.
- Prepare the filling in another bowl. Add the sugar, cornstarch and lemon juice and gently mix in the blueberries.
- Pat half of the dough into the prepared pan in an even layer.
- Sprinkle the blueberry mixture evenly over the top.
- Crumble remaining dough over the berry layer.
- Bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes, or until top is slightly brown. Cool completely before cutting into squares.