This colourful blood orange baked chicken recipe is full of the flavours of star anise, ginger and Chinese five spice, creating a sticky sweet sauce that’s perfect to serve with a simple side of steamed Asian Greens or rice. It also tastes great with pork spare ribs.
- 6 Chicken Thighs
- The juice of 1 blood orange
- 2 Blood oranges sliced
- 1 1/2 tsp Chinese Five Spice
- 4 Whole star anise
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 1 Tbsp freshly grated ginger
- 3 Garlic cloves crushed
- Pinch salt
- Pre heat the oven to 180° degrees.
- Add all of the ingredients into a mixing bowl and thoroughly coat the chicken thighs.
- Turn out the all of the mixture into a large baking tray, fold the thighs over so the large piece is on top. Tuck in the orange slices so they are under or between the chicken to prevent burning.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes, check at 30 minutes and baste the liquid over the chicken.
- Serve with a side of steamed Asian greens or rice.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 40-45 minutes