The perfect blend of salty and sweet. This simple flavoursome salad will impress the masses.
Beetroot, watercress, fetta & pesto salad
- 4 small beetroots - boiled until tender
- 2 tablespoon cows feta cheese
- 2 tablespoon pesto - store bought is fine
- 2 tablespoon plum vinegar or balsamic
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Cover beetroots in water and boil till tender. Using a skewer they should be soft all the way through. Drain and allow to cool. When the beetroots are cool enough to handle peel and cut into bite size wedges.
- Dress beetroots in vinegar, extra virgin olive oil and season to taste.
- Place beetroot in serving bowl, dollop pesto on top. Dollop feta cheese next, then drape a few watercress sprigs to finish.
Recipe thanks to Alex Kearns, Executive Chef,Glebe Point Diner