This recipe is easily increased for more servings. The zucchini can be cooked the day before. Serves 6 as a part of a larger meal.
- 6 medium zucchinis
- 1 cup natural yoghurt
- 2 cloves garlic, finely grated (use less if desired)
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp sumac
- Zest & juice 1 lemon
- 100g pine nuts, toasted
- 50g golden raisins, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp pomegranate molasses
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup picked mint
- ½ cup picked dill
- Juice 1 lemon
- Chilli oil to drizzle (optional)
- salt, black pepper
- Preheat a BBQ or grill pan.
- Add the zucchini and cook turning every few minutes until quite charred on the outside and the flesh is soft. Remove to a plate and cover with another bowl to allow to cool and steam which will help remove the skin. Once cool enough to handle, carefully strip back the skin with a small knife to help. Place onto a plate with a little paper, to absorb any juices.
- In a small bowl whisk together the yoghurt, garlic, cumin, sumac and lemon zest and juice. Season with a little salt and pepper.
- In another bowl, combine the pine nuts, chopped golden raisins, pomegranate molasses and olive oil. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Lay the zucchini onto a platter, season lightly with salt and pepper and squeeze over the lemon. Spoon some spiced yoghurt around and over the zucchini then spoon over the pomegranate, pine nut dressing. You may not want to use all of the yoghurt and dressing. Scatter the herbs and if desired, drizzle with chili oil.