- Makes 6 large pancakes
- 3 ripe bananas
- 2 eggs, separated
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 ½ tablespoons (30g) butter, melted
- 1 cup (120g) of plain flour
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1 tablespoon of caster sugar
- ¼ cup pistachios, chopped
- 1 banana, sliced
- In a bowl, mash the bananas with a fork until well pureed.
- Add the egg yolks, sugar, milk and butter and mix well with a fork or whisk.
- Mix in the flour and baking powder gently.
- In another clean bowl whisk the egg whites until they are white and fluffy (or use a mixer), then fold into the banana mixture.
- Heat a non-stick frypan until hot and then turn down to medium. The frypan shouldn’t need greasing.
- Cook a big spoonful of the mixture and when it starts to cook around the edges, flip over and continue to cook until golden.
- Place the pancake onto a plate and cover with foil until all the mixture is used up.
- Sprinkle the pancakes with pistachios and sliced bananas.
- For the honey syrup option, mix the lemon and honey in a jug and heat for 1 minute in the microwave to combine.
Recipe thanks to Australian Bananas.