- Makes 8 servings
- 23 cm diameter spring form cake tin
- 250 gm packet of Granita or Marie Biscuits
- 125g butter, melted
- 495g tin sweetened condensed milk
- 2 ½ tablespoons (50g) of butter, cubed
- 3 tablespoons (60g) golden syrup
- 4-5 firm bananas
- 400ml cream, whipped
- 50g dark chocolate, grated
- Crush the biscuits in a food processor until you have fine crumbs then and add the melted butter. Process again to combine. The crumbs should stick together when squeezed.
- Press into the spring form cake tin halfway up the sides. Refrigerate while you make the filling.
- Place the cubed butter and the golden syrup into a saucepan and heat, stirring until melted.
- Add the tin of condensed milk and stir on medium heat for approximately 5-8 minutes until the mixture bubbles, thickens and starts to change colour.
- Remove from the heat and cool for a couple of minutes before pouring into the chilled crumb crust.
- Refrigerate until cold and firm. The pie can be made up to this point and finished when you are ready.
- Slice three bananas and mix them with the whipped cream.
- Pour into the tart shell on top of the chilled caramel and smooth down to a nice flat surface.
- Sprinkle chocolate shavings onto the top of the tart and then decorate with the final sliced banana.
*If making ahead of time, toss the bananas in a small amount of lemon juice to prevent browning. This pie is very rich - you'll only need a small slice!
Recipe thanks to Australian Bananas.