- 3 large bananas, mashed
- 150g caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup (125ml) of oil
- ¾ cup (200ml) coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 ½ cups (240g) plain flour
- 1 cup (80g) of desiccated coconut
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup flaked coconut to decorate
- Preheat the oven to 170°C.
- Grease and line a large loaf tin (approx. 24 cm x 10 cm).
- Mix the bananas, sugar, eggs, oil, coconut milk and vanilla essence in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix the flour, desiccated coconut and baking powder.
- Combine the two mixtures and pour into the loaf tin.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or until a knife inserted in the centre comes out clean.
*To make gluten free alternative, replace the plain flour with 1 ½ cups (160g) of gluten free flour and 1 cup of almond meal.
Recipe thanks to Australian Bananas.