- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- Pinch of chilli flakes (optional)
- 1 1/2 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 shallots, sliced
- 450g snow peas, trimmed
- 1 tsp sesame seeds (black or white)
- Steam the snow peas in a large pot for about 2 minutes. Snow peas will turn bright green when just cooked.
- Once cooked run snow peas under cold water to stop them cooking further. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk rice vinegar and soy sauce. Add the red chilli flakes if desired and shallots and whisk in the sesame oil.
- Gently toss the snow peas in dressing and sprinkle with sesame seeds. This dish can be served at room temperature or chilled.