60ml cup Maggie Beer Verjuice
- 1 tbspn brown sugar
- 2/3 cup wholemeal flour
- 100g traditional style oats
- 1 tspn ground cinnamon
- 100g unsalted butter
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Peel, core and slice the apples into wedges and place in a medium saucepan.
- Add the lemon zest, brown sugar, butter, cinnamon sticks and Verjuice. Bring to a gentle simmer, and continue to cook until tender but not mushy (about 20 minutes). Check to see that apple wedges are cooked through.
- Remove the apples from the saucepan, discarding the cinnamon and lemon zest, and arrange in the base of an oven proof dish.
- Mix together the brown sugar, wholemeal flour, oats and ground cinnamon in a mixing bowl.
- Using a vegetable grater, grate the butter onto the flour mixture, and incorporate using the tips of your fingers until mixed like course breadcrumbs.
- Top the apples with the crumble mixture and bake in the oven preheated for 30 minutes, until the crumble is golden brown.
- Allow to cool slightly then serve with Maggie Beer Vanilla Bean and Elderflower Ice Cream or runny cream.
Recipe thanks to Maggie Beer