- Makes 16 medium sized Anzac Biscuits
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup brown sugar (you can also use raw, light or dark muscavado sugar)
- 1 cup plain flour
- 125 g butter
- 1 tbsp golden syrup
- 2 tbsp boiling water
- 1 tsp bicarbonate soda
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- Preheat the oven to 160 degrees.
- Firstly combine the dry ingredients in a large bowl including the rolled oats, brown sugar and plain flour.
- In a small pan on a medium heat combine the butter and honey together and allow for the two to melt together. Set aside once warm and melted.
- Add the bicarbonate soda and the apple cider vinegar together in a small cup or bowl and allow for this mixture to fizz up. Then add this mixture as well as the butter and honey mixture into the dry ingredients. (Note: this action will remove any bicarb soda flavour in the biscuits).
- Add the 2 tablespoons of water into the bowl with all of the ingredients and combine using your hands or a wooden spoon.
- Prepare a large baking tray lined with baking paper that is lightly greased. Start by taking a medium size of the mixture and use both hands to smooth over the biscuit dough into a medium sized ball. Repeat this process and place each one with enough distance apart.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown.
Recipe and pics by Anastasia Zolotarev.