- 1 pork oyster shoulder (rind scored)
- 2 tbsp salt
- 2 tbsp dark muscovado sugar
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp liquid smoke (optional)
- Bread rolls
- Mayonnaise or aioli
- Preheat the oven to 220°C.
- Line a roasting tin with sheets of foil big enough to fold over the top of the pork, then pat the meat dry with a paper towel and add it to the tin. Mix together the salt, sugar and paprika and rub into the meat.
- Put the pork into the hot oven for 40 mins until well browned & crackling is firm. Take out and reduce heat to 125°C. Pour the liquid smoke over the pork (if using), then fold the foil over the top to make a sealed parcel. Put back in the oven and cook for about 6–7 hrs, until the internal temperature measures 89°C and it’s soft enough to spoon. Pour off the juices and reserve.
- Turn the heat back up to 220°C and cook the pork, uncovered, for 10 mins to crisp up the crackling. Take out, cover with a tent of foil, and leave to rest for 30 mins.
- Using two forks, pull pork into shreds, cutting up the crackling too, and then add the rest of the seasoning, and any meat juices from the tin, and stir in.
- Serve on a soft bun with slaw & mayo for a great lunch or dinner all the family will love.