These massaged greens make a great side dish to any grilled proteins, roast vegetables or stand up well to a poached egg over the top. They’re also terrific piled on top of soft polenta.
Serves 2-3 as a side dish.
- 2 cups/ 100g destemmed greens (kale, purple kale, Tuscan kale or silverbeet)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 20g pecorino cheese, shaved
- ¼ cup hazelnuts (already roasted)
- ¼ red onion (finely sliced)
- 1 1/2 tbsp caramelised balsamic vinegar
- Take 1 tbsp of the olive oil and the salt and add it to the chopped greens. Massage it in your hands for 2-3 minutes, until the leaves begin to soften. Add the hazelnuts and the red onion and mix through well.
- Shave over the pecorino and drizzle with caramelised balsamic vinegar.