This is a luxurious twist on rocky road that works well for gifts, or as a sweet treat for friends and family who pop in. You can swap the puffed rice/ rice bubbles for puffed quinoa if you like, but it’s worth putting one sort in, it brings a very fun crackle to the party. One tip is to use kitchen scissors for cutting the Turkish delight and marshmallows – they make prepping the ingredients a cakewalk. This is a good one to get the kids involved in. Just melt, mix and set.
Makes 5 bars, or 25 small pieces. Scales up easily.
- 400g dark chocolate (minimum 70 per cent cocoa solids)
- 190g packet of rose Turkish delight, snipped into small pieces
- 200g packet pink and white marshmallows, snipped into quarters
- 100g pistachios
- 100g almonds, toasted
- 20g puffed rice/ rice bubbles/ puffed quinoa
- 50g dried cherries
- Grease and line a 23 cm square cake tin with baking paper, leaving an overhang to help you lift the rocky road out of the tin.
- Combine all of the ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Melt the dark chocolate in a microwave safe bowl in short bursts, stirring in between, or in a heat proof bowl over a pot of simmering water.
- Pour the melted chocolate over the ingredients, stirring to combine. Pour into the prepared cake tin, being sure to pat down firmly into the corners and smooth the top as best you can.
- Transfer to the fridge for two hours to set. Remove and use a very sharp knife to slice. Transfer to cellophane bags and tie for gifts.
- This will keep in the fridge for a week, or can be frozen for up to a month.
Recipe by Tori Haschka.