Prep time: 15mins
Cooking time: 20mins
- 600g chicken tenderloins
- ½ cup plain flour
- 1 cup Artisan Sourdough Re-Purposed breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs
- ¼ tsp paprika
- 1 Tbsp dried oregano
- 1 cup cooking oil
- ¼ cup of HFM Horseradish & turmeric dressing
- 1 lemon
- 1 punnet mixed leaf salad
- Salt & pepper
- In a mixing bowl, whisk the eggs and set aside. In a second mixing bowl, add the flour and paprika. In a third mixing bowl, add the breadcrumbs and the dried oregano, set aside.
- Start by coating the tenderloin pieces with flour, shake well to remove excess flour. Then place 2 or 3 pieces at the time into the egg mixture until well coated, let the excess egg drip off. Place into the breadcrumbs and press down firmly so the breadcrumbs stick and to also flatten the chicken down into thinner portions (this will speed up cooking time).
- Once all the chicken has been crumbed, bring a large frying pan with ½ cup of cooking oil to medium high heat. Once hot, place the chicken tenderloins in, three at the time, to prevent overcrowding. Cook for approx. 3mins on each side until golden brown. Remove from the pan and onto a plate with paper towel, to absorb the extra oil. Repeat this process until all the chicken is cooked. Season with sea salt and pepper.
- Serve chicken schnitzel tenderloins with horseradish & turmeric dressing, mixed leaves salad and lemon wedges.
- Instead of shallow frying, you could also cook the chicken in a preheated oven at 220°C for approx. 15-20mins.