Start your day a little differently than humble toast with this tasty and healthy crostini dish.
Broad bean & Parmesan crostini
- 2 cups of podded broad beans - blanched and double podded
- Half clove of garlic
- Half golden shallot
- 30g grana padano - finely grated (or parmesan)
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- lemon wedge
- To create crostini toast.Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Arrange baguette slices on two large rimmed baking sheets; brush both sides with oil, and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake until golden, 15 to 20 minutes, rotating sheets halfway through (if undersides are not browning, turn crostini over once during baking). Let cool on baking sheets.
- To create topping break beans out of pods.To blanch beans drop beans into boiling water for 2 minutes then refresh in icy water. Pod beans from their skin.
- In a blender whizz up 75% of your beans with garlic, golden shallot, grana padano and Extra Virgin olive oil until it resembles chunky peanut butter. Fold through the rest of the whole beans and season to taste.
- Smother broad bean paste over the top of toast. Dress rocket with lemon and extra virgin olive oil and place next to crostini. Finish with more finely grated parmesan.
Recipe by Alex Kearns, Executive Chef, Glebe Point Diner