Harris Farm Balsamic Vinegar makes for the perfect braise for the flavour enriching beef chuck ribs which when grilled forms the perfect caramelised glaze.
- 1kg beef chuck ribs
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 brown onion, peeled and diced
- ½ bunch celery, diced
- 1 carrot peeled and diced
- 2 litres veal or beef liquid stock
- 30g brown sugar
- 100ml Harris Farm Markets caramelised balsamic vinegar
- 15g cracked black pepper
- 40g brown sugar
- 2 tbsp Harris Farm Markets caramelised balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp of cooking juices
- 1 bunch small beetroot, segmented
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 navel orange, peeled and segmented
- 100g goat’s cheese or feta
- Micro herbs
- In a large pan over medium heat sauté onion, celery and carrot until translucent with olive oil and place in an oven tray.
- Season short beef ribs with salt & pepper. Place the ribs on top of the vegetables.
- Place beef stock, brown sugar, and balsamic vinegar so braising liquid covers the ribs.
- Cover with baking paper then aluminium foil and roast at 160°C for about 2½ hrs. Take ribs out of the oven every 40 mins and turnover in liquid then return o oven. The meat on the ribs is ready when tender.
- Remove the ribs from the braising liquid and refrigerate for 2 hrs.
- Combine the sugar, caramelised balsamic and cooking juices (avoiding the fat) in a bowl stirring regularly until a glaze is formed.
- When ready to serve, cut each piece of rib into sections along the bone and heat over a charcoal grill. Whilst grilling the ribs, continuously brush them with the glaze until sticky & caramelised.
- Combine all the salad ingredients and serve alongside the ribs. Garnish with micro herbs and chervil.