Seen this large oval shaped vegetable at Harris Farm and not sure what it is, why you should try it or what to do with it?
What is Spaghetti Squash?
Part of the squash family, this vegetable contains fibrous strands which when cooked resemble spaghetti. Popular for the diet conscious and people looking for an alternative to wheat pasta, it’s delicious and good for you.
5 reasons you’ll love spaghetti squash
- It’s low in calories – only 42 calories per cup!
- Provides a great source of vitamins A & C
- It’s a great low carb vegetable alternative to pasta
- Delicious crunchy texture
- It’s an easy way to get more vegetables into your meals
Top with your favourite sauce!
Try our spaghetti squash with pesto recipe here: