Pappardelle Pasta - with Mushrooms, Roasted Tomatoes & Rocket Pesto
Serving Size: 4
Cook Time: 40 mins
If you’re in a Meatless Monday rut, look no further. Silky pasta, squishy toms and crunchy, cheesey crumbs. The only thing that could make this any better is a dollop of pesto. Aha! We’ve got you covered there too. (You’re welcome).
1. Give all your vegies a little wash. Preheat the oven to 200°C. Bring a large pot of salted water to the boil. Finely chop the onion and garlic and slice the mushrooms. Bring a large frying pan to medium high heat, drizzle olive oil and cook onions and garlic for approx. 5 mins, stirring occasionally. Add mushrooms and cook for approx. 5 mins. Remove from heat.
2. Place the tomatoes on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Drizzle olive oil over and the caramelised balsamic vinegar, season with salt and pepper and toss well. Cook in the oven for approx. 10 mins until soft.
3. Remove hard stems from the Tuscan cabbage and cut into 3 cm strips, set aside. Cut the bottom ends off the arugula. Add arugula to a blender with the pinenuts, the juice of half a lemon and a 1/4 cup of olive oil. Season with salt and pepper and blitz into a sauce. Set aside.
4. Mix the breadcrumbs and parmesan cheese then place on a lined baking tray and spread evenly. Cook in the oven for approx. 7 mins until golden, set aside.
5. Add pasta to boiling water and cook for 8 mins, stirring occasionally. Drain pasta and add to the frying pan with cooked mushrooms. Add the cooked tomatoes to the pan, including all the juices from the baking tray.
6. In the same pot used to cook the pasta, drizzle olive oil and sauté the Tuscan cabbage for approx. 2 mins until vibrant green. Season with salt and pepper then squeeze over the juice of half a lemon. Add to pasta and toss well. Serve pasta, dress with rocket pesto and finish with parmesan crumbs. Consume within 48 hrs.
WHAT'S IN THE BOX?
- 250 g pappardelle pasta
- 1 brown onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 200 g button mushrooms
- 200 g sweet delight tomatoes
- 200 g yellow snacking tomatoes
- 2 tbsp caramelised balsamic vinegar
- ½ bunch Tuscan cabbage
- 60 g baby rocket
- 1 tbsp pinenuts
- 1 lemon
- ⅓ cup breadcrumbs
- 20 g grated parmesan cheese
WHAT YOU'LL NEED FROM YOUR PANTRY
- ¼ cup olive oil