Mrs Pepe's Crown Pavlova
- 300ml Pepe Saya Crème Fraîche *
- 190ml Pepe Saya Lemon Curd
- 6 egg whites at room temperature
- 1 ½ cups caster sugar
- 3 tsp cornflour
- 2 tsp white vinegar
- 1 vanilla bean (seeds scraped)
- Punnet of fresh raspberries (or your choice of seasonal fruit)
1. Preheat oven to 150°C. Line a large baking tray with non stick baking paper. Draw a 20cm disc on the paper and turn the traced side down.
2. Use an electric beater to beat the egg whites in a clean, dry bowl until firm peaks form. Slowly add the sugar around 2 tablespoons at a time, beating until the sugar dissolves and the mixture is thick and glossy. Beat in the cornflour, vinegar and vanilla bean seeds.
3. Spoon the meringue mixture onto the disc and use a flat bladed knife to shape the sides of the meringue to make furrows. Bake in oven for 10 mins.
4. Reduce oven temperature to 110°C. Bake for a further 1 hour or until the meringue is crisp and dry. Turn oven off and leave pavlova in oven with the door closed to cool completely.
5. Fold lemon curd into crème fraîche & gently dollop onto pavlova finish with raspberries.
*Please note the ratio of crème fraiche & lemon curd is a guide and you may wish to play around with the amounts to suit your own taste.