Try out these dark chocolate and fig cookies, using flour from the Teff Tribe range! Why not?
- 3/4 cup ivory teff flour
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup extra virgin coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup rice malt syrup
- 2 x 20ml tablespoons hulled tahini
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup chopped dark chocolate
- 1/4 cup chopped dried figs
Makes 12 cookies.
- Preheat your oven to 180°C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Combine the teff flour and sea salt in a mixing bowl and make a well in the centre. Crack the egg into the well and lightly whisk it with a spoon. Add the melted coconut oil, rice malt syrup, tahini and vanilla and mix everything together until well combined. Stir through the chopped dark chocolate and figs. Chill the mixture in the freezer for 20 minutes.
- Once the mixture has firmed up, divide the mixture into 12 portions, shape the portions into balls and lightly press each ball onto the prepared baking tray. Bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes or until lightly browned around the edges.
- Allow the cookies to cool before eating. Store in an airtight container.
Recipe by Teff Tribe.