1 medium cauliflower
50g unsalted butter, soft
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 Tbsp Bhutan Blossoms’ Bhutanese Fiery Bouquet salt
Blue Cheese and Buttermilk Dressing
50g strong, blue cheese like Stilton or Roquefort
50g sour cream
1 Tbsp white wine vinegar
2 Tbsp chives, finely chopped
Salt and pepper to taste
2 baby cos lettuce, washed and leaves separated.
- Preheat the oven to 200℃.
- Prepare the cauliflower by washing it and cutting off the excess leaves and fibrous stalk. Bring a large pot of salted water to the boil. Place the whole cauliflower into the pot and gently simmer for around 15 minutes or until slightly tender. Remove from the water and drain off excess moisture. Place onto a small roasting tray.
- Mix the butter, olive oil and salt together and rub it into the cauliflower. Roast in the oven for around 30 minutes or until golden and cooked through. Remove from the oven and spoon over any juices from the pan.
- To make the dressing, crumble the cheese into a mixing bowl. Add the buttermilk and sour cream and mix with a spatula or whisk until combined. Add the vinegar and 1 Tbsp of chives and mix through. Season with salt and pepper to your liking.
- To finish, drizzle the cauliflower with some of the blue cheese dressing. Sprinkle the remaining chives over the top and a little extra Fiery Bouquet salt.
- Serve with fresh baby cos lettuce leaves and extra dressing.
Breda is a freelance food content creator, recipe developer and stylist living and working in Sydney. She is passionate about all food that is full of flavour; community, family, heritage and hospitality are at the centre of her food philosophy. She runs Una Mas Creative with her husband, making original and branded content. Check out Breda's Instagram here, and Unamas Creative page here!