Have some fun with the kids by decorating a chocolate banana.
Create faces, bunny ears, or simply cover in raspberries, strawberries, and coconut. Even the adults can get involved with making a Pistachio or hazelnuts choc banana.
- Paddle pop sticks or sticks from the garden
- Dark chocolate buttons
- Desiccated coconut
- Flaked or toasted coconut
- Chopped nuts - pistachio nuts, almonds, hazelnuts
- Fresh berries - small strawberries, raspberries
- Dried fruit – apricots, sultanas, raisins
- Apricot and coconut squares
- Melt the chocolate over a double boiler.
- Add each of the toppings into small bowls to easily select from when decorating. Chop up large toppings like dried apricots, strawberries, apricot, and coconut squares.
- Peel each banana and chop off the base end, push a paddle pop stick through the base of the banana until it is halfway in.
- Holding the paddle pop end drizzle over with the melted chocolate and lay each banana down its side on a large piece of baking paper.
- Now the decorating fun begins, Make faces made from chopping up dried apricots and strawberries or create a bunny with bunny ears in place with tooth pics.
Recipe, Styling and Photography by Bonnie Coumbe. See her site here & Instagram here.