Overnight oats are so easy to prepare (these take 2 minutes to make) and the magic happens while you sleep. The combination of oats, chia and nuts will provide you with a dose of protein, fibre and slow release energy that will help with blood sugar spikes and keep hunger at bay until lunchtime. And the berries are a lovely dose of vitamin C (45mg per strawberry), which is great for our immunity over winter and general cell health. Strawberries also act as antioxidants within our bodies, this means that they help control and destroy oxidising free radicals, which can cause many illnesses. They’re also full of fibre which is great for aiding and helping our process of digestion.
- ½ Cup Rolled Oats
- 3 Tbsp Chia Seeds
- Handful Mixed Nuts
- 1 ¼ Cups Nut Milk
- 1 Tsp Cinnamon
- ½ Tsp Vanilla Essence
- ½ punnet strawberries, sliced
- The night before you eat this pot. Grab a bowl and add oats, chia seeds, mixed nuts, nut milk, cinnamon and vanilla essence. Stir well to ensure all ingredients are mixed.
- Add ¼ sliced strawberries to the chia pot mix, stir in.
- Scoop chia mix into a jar, top with rest of sliced strawberries. Leave overnight in the fridge.
- Grab a spoon and tuck in when you're ready to eat.
Recipe by Rosie Eyre of By Rosie.