Preparation/cooking time: 25 mins
For the steak:
4 Porterhouse steaks
2 tbsp Olive oil
Salt and freshly ground pepper
For the chimichurri:
1bunch Flat leaf parsley, leaves washed
½ bunch Oregano, leaves washed
3 cloves Garlic, peeled
Pinch Chilli flakes (add more/less depending on how spicy you like it)
1 tsp Salt
2 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
1 tsp Red wine vinegar
250g Butter at room temperature
- Place parsley oregano, garlic, chilli flakes, salt, olive oil and vinegar into a food processor and blend to a fine texture.
- Add butter and blend until well combined.
- Store chimichurri butter in a container in the fridge or place the soft butter mix onto a sheet of baking paper fold over and roll into a log then twist the ends to close, wrap in plastic film and refrigerate until it hardens.
- Rub the steaks with olive oil and season with salt and pepper then place onto a barbecue, grill pan or frying pan and cook to your liking.
- Place steaks onto plates, remove wrap from butter and slice into discs then place onto hot steaks to slightly melt and serve.
Serve with roast potatoes or potato wedges.
Chimichurri butter can be stored in the refrigerator for several days or in the freezer at -18c for up to 3 months.