- 1.5 kg raw large prawns (unpeeled)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 bunch of parsley
- 1 bunch of mint
- 90g butter
- 1 cup of mayo
- 1 lemon (juice and zest)
- 1 orange (zest only)
- salt and pepper
- Set up your barbecue first or if you don’t have a barbecue you can use a chargrill pan for a stove top.
- While your barbecue is warming up, prepare the garlic, mint and parsley butter by blending the garlic, mint and parsley in a processor. Transfer this mixture into a small pot with the butter. Heat the mixture, stirring it occasionally until the butter has completely melted. Add a pinch of salt and stir through then set aside.
- To cook the prawns (see note below before beginning), place the prawns onto your barbecue and using some kitchen tongs cook the first side then once the prawn shell has changed colour flip the prawns onto their other side. Use a brush or a spoon to coat the prawns with the garlic, mint and parsley butter. Remove the prawns and place onto a serving plate/platter. You might need to do this process in batches to cook all the prawns. Serve any extra garlic, mint and parsley butter on the side.
- Meanwhile prepare the zesty mayo by adding the lemon juice + zest and the orange zest to the mayo in a small bowl. Mix through well.
- Serve the barbecued prawns with the zesty mayo and any leftover garlic, mint and parsley butter.
- Depending on your type of barbecue, the cooking times will vary. Test 1 prawn first to give you an estimate of how long they should cook for. The centre needs to be just cooked through and no longer transparent.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Makes: 1 large sharing platter
Recipe by Anastasia Zolotarev. Click here to see her blog.