Hass avocados are fantastic this week. The Hass variety is small and oval-shaped with green skin that turns purplish-black when ripe.Avocados combination of nutrients can help prevent or mitigate against arthritis. They provideall 18 essential amino acids necessary for the body to form a complete protein.
A serving of avocado (150g) is:
- 40% of daily fibre intake
- 25% of daily intake of Vitamin C
- 30% of daily folate intake
- 19% daily intake of Vitamin B6 aiding in theprevention of heart attacks
- 39% of your daily intake of Vitamin K important for bone health & prevention of osteroporosis
HOW TO PICK
Unripe Hass avocados have green skin and feel firm. If buying a ripe avocado to eat on the same day, look for those with almost black skin that yield to gentle pressure at the stem end.
HOW TO STORE
Store at room temperature until ripe.